View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|07364||Feature requests||Authentication||public||2009-11-09 16:38||2009-11-09 16:38|
|Summary||07364: Improve User Identification at Login and Comfort|
|Description||* Are password logins sure and deliver reliable user authentication?|
* Is the one who does the login, the one he/she pretend to be?
* Are web statistics or survey results as reliable as they should be, if user is not identified according to his passport or to his identity card?
* Is it comfortable to login each time by password, as I have many of them for many web sites?
|Additional Information||A possible solution: X.509 Certificate Login with openID support|
* Develop necessary script / module / software, so on top of password login is cert login with openID as well available.
* Maybe look at other web applications (wordpress, drupal, etc.) how they have realized it
* Or look at: http://wiki.cacert.org/Technology/KnowledgeBase/WebAppCertLogin/dotProject
* I admit, I am a CAcert.org Community Member, so you say, I have a conflict of interests. ;-)
|Tags||No tags attached.|