View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
17218Bug reportsPluginspublic2021-04-01 08:43
Reportermlnorth Assigned Toc_schmitz  
PrioritynoneSeverityminor 
Status assignedResolutionopen 
Product Version4.4.15 
Summary17218: Path to plugins directory maybe wrong?
DescriptionI had to to do a symbolic link to /limesurvey/application/core/plugins/* in /limesurvey/plugins so that plugins could be found.
Error messages was for example: "Missing configuration file for plugin AuditLog"
TagsNo tags attached.
Complete LimeSurvey version number (& build)4.4.15+210329
I will donate to the project if issue is resolvedNo
Browsergoogle-chrome
Database & DB-Version10.3.25-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
Server OS (if known)Ubuntu 20.04
Webserver software & version (if known)nginx/1.18.0
PHP Version7.4.16

Activities

DenisChenu

DenisChenu

2021-03-31 14:37

developer   ~63744

Please : don't explain what you do ,to fix issue,
Explain what you do to find the issue

You try to activate AuditLog ?

I check : it seems to work on last master, no need symbolic link.
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-03-31 15:19

reporter   ~63751

It was all the plugins in /limesurvey/application/core/plugins/. I debugged myself and in application/models/Plugin.php I saw the path to the configuration files for plugins was pointing to /limesurvey/plugins/... So I did this adhoc solution with symbolic link and it started to work.
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-03-31 15:36

reporter   ~63752

After a manually upgrade of Limesurvey, according to these instructions https://manual.limesurvey.org/upgrading_from_a_previous_version, I wanted to change settings in a plugin AuthLdap, therefore I went to Global Settings -> Plugin Manager and encountered immediately error message "Missing configuration for plugin AuditLog". As I understand AuditLog is on top of the plugin list.
DenisChenu

DenisChenu

2021-03-31 15:37

developer   ~63753

OK :)

Upgrade from what version ?
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-03-31 15:43

reporter   ~63754

I don't quite remember now. But it was around 4.3 I think. I upgraded because I encountered a similiar problem when I was going to change settings for AuthLdap. I went to Global Settings->Plugin Manager and got the plugin list accordingly. But as soon as I pressed AuthLdap plugin the error message was "Missing configuration for plugin AuthLdap". Then I thought maybe I should upgrade to see if it works better and on that road it was.
DenisChenu

DenisChenu

2021-03-31 16:25

developer   ~63760

For information :
type of plugin set the directory : https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/master/application/models/Plugin.php#L25

update steps are

https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ebcbc490f570ca58748eae73145e06269511e73b/application/helpers/update/updatedb_helper.php#L2830
https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ebcbc490f570ca58748eae73145e06269511e73b/application/helpers/update/updatedb_helper.php#L3071
https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ebcbc490f570ca58748eae73145e06269511e73b/application/helpers/update/updatedb_helper.php#L3224

AuthDB and AuditLog must be «core»
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-03-31 17:00

reporter   ~63762

In mysql database the table lime_plugins shows type "core" for AuthDB and AuditLog and "user" for AuthLdap. But when I debugged the directory for all these plugins was pointed to /limesurvey/plugins.
c_schmitz

c_schmitz

2021-04-01 07:59

administrator   ~63769

I checked the upgrade from the last 4.3 to latest 4.x version and I could not reproduce the problem.
Did you maybe use a 4.4RC version in the past?
DenisChenu

DenisChenu

2021-04-01 08:24

developer   ~63772

> In mysql database the table lime_plugins shows type "core" for AuthDB and AuditLog and "user" for AuthLdap. But when I debugged the directory for all these plugins was pointed to /limesurvey/plugins.

Maybe related to a specific directory configuration ?

Dir set here : https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/5423d57d4fa289c5d54a1c5b1cdd90d7f26323b0/application/libraries/PluginManager/PluginManager.php#L35
DenisChenu

DenisChenu

2021-04-01 08:25

developer   ~63773

> "user" for AuthLdap

It must be core
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-04-01 08:38

reporter   ~63774

In Plugin.php in function getDir() the following happens:
$alias is set to "webroot.plugins" and $this->plugin_type is "user" for plugin AuditLog. In mysql database the plugin_type is "core" for AuditLog. So the plugin_type is set to wrong type. I haven't yet checked how the plugin_type is set. But probably there is the error.
As I said I followed the instructions for manual upgrade and removed all files except for
/application/config/security.php
/application/config/config.php
/upload

The version before was something 4.3 as I remember I upgraded limesurvey last year in June.
The error only appears in PluginManager, otherwise Limesurvey works fine.
mlnorth

mlnorth

2021-04-01 08:43

reporter   ~63775

I can also see when I list the plugins in https://www.irf.se/limesurvey/index.php?r=admin/pluginmanager/sa/index that AuditLog and AuthLdap is marked with correct plugin_type core. But despite of that in Plugin.php plugin_type is "user" fro all plugins.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2021-03-31 14:21 mlnorth New Issue
2021-03-31 14:37 DenisChenu Note Added: 63744
2021-03-31 15:19 mlnorth Note Added: 63751
2021-03-31 15:36 mlnorth Note Added: 63752
2021-03-31 15:37 DenisChenu Note Added: 63753
2021-03-31 15:43 mlnorth Note Added: 63754
2021-03-31 16:25 DenisChenu Note Added: 63760
2021-03-31 17:00 mlnorth Note Added: 63762
2021-04-01 07:59 c_schmitz Note Added: 63769
2021-04-01 07:59 c_schmitz Assigned To => c_schmitz
2021-04-01 07:59 c_schmitz Status new => feedback
2021-04-01 08:24 DenisChenu Note Added: 63772
2021-04-01 08:25 DenisChenu Note Added: 63773
2021-04-01 08:38 mlnorth Note Added: 63774
2021-04-01 08:38 mlnorth Status feedback => assigned
2021-04-01 08:43 mlnorth Note Added: 63775