View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|11778||Feature requests||Survey taking||public||2016-10-11 19:07||2016-11-14 18:32|
|Summary||11778: Prevent accidental file-upload cancellation|
|Description||The current process is:|
1. Select File
2. Wait (if larger file or slow connection)
3. "This file has been successfuly uploaded."
4. Now select another file.
However, I have have experienced multiple users who sometimes click "Select File" again too rapidly, before the file has sucessfully uploaded. And a smaller number of users have clicked "Return to survey" too quickly. This has resulted in the loss of a file that users tend to think that they have uploaded. While successfully uploaded files are listed, not all users double-check this.
|Additional Information||Here are a few ideas to offer toward minimizing this unintended behavior:|
* Simplest: A message that says "File uploading, please wait..." and/or an upload progress bar
* Upgraded: Allow for multiple simultaneous uploads, such that rapid utilization of "Select file" adds additional uploads instead of replacing one still in progress if it isn't finished yet.
* Extra: The addition of a "cancel upload" option coupled with deactivation of "Select file" and "Return to survey" while a file is being uploaded.
|Tags||No tags attached.|