View Issue Details

This bug affects 1 person(s).
 6
IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
17771Bug reportsTranslationpublic2021-12-07 15:53
Reporterconstantinl Assigned Toc_schmitz  
PrioritynoneSeverityminor 
Status closedResolutionno change required 
Summary17771: New language was creating an error when access the survey
DescriptionAfter following the steps to create a new translation described here https://manual.limesurvey.org/Translating_LimeSurvey for the language Tetum, we got an error message navigating to the survey for this language (any survey).
More explanation here: https://forums.limesurvey.org/forum/installation-a-update-issues/126060-unrecognized-locale-tet#222634

Not sure if this is considered as a bug.
Steps To ReproduceSteps to reproduce
------------------------------
Create a new translation for Tetum (tet)

Expected result
-------------------------
Navigate to the survey for that language

Actual result
-----------------
Server error

TagsNo tags attached.
Bug heat6
Complete LimeSurvey version number (& build)3.27.27
I will donate to the project if issue is resolvedNo
Browser
Database type & versionMySQL 5.7.32
Server OS (if known)
Webserver software & version (if known)
PHP VersionPHP 7.3.28

Users monitoring this issue

User List There are no users monitoring this issue.

Activities

ollehar

ollehar

2021-12-02 14:19

administrator   ~67653

Hm, is this a missing language in Yii framework too?
c_schmitz

c_schmitz

2021-12-02 22:39

administrator   ~67664

For that you should use the cldr setting:

$supportedLanguages['tet']['cldr'] = 'tl';

That should fix your issue. Let us know.
constantinl

constantinl

2021-12-03 15:43

reporter   ~67665

No, adding cldr in the surveytranslator_helper.php file doesn't solve the problem.

    // Tetum
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['description'] = gT('Tetum');
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['nativedescription'] = 'Tetum';
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['rtl'] = false;
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['dateformat'] = 1;
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['radixpoint'] = 1;
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['cldr'] = 'tl';
    $supportedLanguages['tet']['momentjs'] = 'tet';
c_schmitz

c_schmitz

2021-12-03 21:12

administrator   ~67670

I cannot reproduce.
Can you enable debug = 2 in application/config/config.php and try again, please? Paste the complete error message here.
constantinl

constantinl

2021-12-07 12:23

reporter   ~67727

In fact it's working with:
$supportedLanguages['tet']['cldr'] = 'tl';

Maybe a problem of cache when we did the test with that configuration.

Thanks a lot
c_schmitz

c_schmitz

2021-12-07 15:53

administrator   ~67737

Alright, no problem. Thanks for the feedback!
I added a small explanation to the wiki page for that parameter.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2021-12-02 10:56 constantinl New Issue
2021-12-02 14:19 ollehar Note Added: 67653
2021-12-02 14:19 ollehar Bug heat 0 => 2
2021-12-02 22:39 c_schmitz Assigned To => c_schmitz
2021-12-02 22:39 c_schmitz Status new => feedback
2021-12-02 22:39 c_schmitz Note Added: 67664
2021-12-02 22:39 c_schmitz Bug heat 2 => 4
2021-12-03 15:43 constantinl Note Added: 67665
2021-12-03 15:43 constantinl Bug heat 4 => 6
2021-12-03 15:43 constantinl Status feedback => assigned
2021-12-03 21:12 c_schmitz Status assigned => feedback
2021-12-03 21:12 c_schmitz Note Added: 67670
2021-12-07 12:23 constantinl Note Added: 67727
2021-12-07 12:23 constantinl Status feedback => assigned
2021-12-07 15:53 c_schmitz Status assigned => closed
2021-12-07 15:53 c_schmitz Resolution open => no change required
2021-12-07 15:53 c_schmitz Note Added: 67737