View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|11962||Feature requests||Plugins||public||2016-11-29 15:22||2016-11-30 13:44|
|Summary||11962: Add another step to installation for plugin activation|
|Description||One of the steps during installation procedure could be to |
* enable core plugins
* download and enable plugins from a white-list
|Tags||No tags attached.|
About "download and enable plugins from a white-list" : i think we need a way to have 'repo' system.
This repo system need to answer with :
- plugin list in this repo
For each of this plugins :
After we can do an 'autoupdater'
PS : this "plugin management' can be a plugin (and user can 'select it' after installing. Maybe with 'core repository' prefilled link
Worpress have only 'one repository available' : think it's bad : https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins_Add_New_Screen
Don't know for joomla
Spip can have different repo url (and multiple)
|You want a public repo anyone can register plugins?|
Send a picture to be more clear:
- A repo url return information : http://files.spip.org/spip-zone/archives.xml on all the plugin. Each plugin return information too (in xml here, but can be json or anything else).
- User can add 'anything' in repo, but we can prefill it (if not already set and activated) a 'limesurvey official plugin repository'
PS : about download and enable plugins from a white-list : i think it's a different feature :)
yunohost use alternative solution : download via github : https://yunohost.org/#/apps_in_progress_en
Maybe : for starting :
- add an url to a zip file (?)
- LS try to dl this zip, extract in 'test plugin' directory (or a reserved directory ?)
- If it's seems to be a plugin (directoryName/directoryName.php and class name : directoryName) : move it to 'plugins' directory (or a reserved directory ?)
- If plugin have a 'plugin.json/plugin.xml/config.json....' file : add the informtion to an extra table with 'dowload url / update url/ version installed / .....'
I can start a plugin like that, and add it in plugins directory when it's ready and tested. After we can update it and add 'repository' system/search/install from repo etc ....
|I was thinking about letting the system do git clone. Then you can easily do git pull when you want to update.|
You look for updates by looking for tags in the repo. So not different from ComfortUpdate.
git clone is available without issue after https://github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/commit/5ca6120e9daa4ffe90b34ccc8f95ecc4b58b2b92
But : not all user have git :)
ComfortUpdate system : download diff, here , i think we can download all
|2016-11-29 15:22||ollehar||New Issue|
|2016-11-29 15:23||ollehar||Description Updated||View Revisions|
|2016-11-29 15:26||DenisChenu||Note Added: 42255|
|2016-11-29 15:31||ollehar||Note Added: 42256|
|2016-11-29 15:48||DenisChenu||Note Edited: 42255||View Revisions|
|2016-11-29 15:55||DenisChenu||File Added: Capture du 2016-11-29 15-53-17.png|
|2016-11-29 15:55||DenisChenu||Note Added: 42257|
|2016-11-30 11:25||DenisChenu||Note Added: 42282|
|2016-11-30 12:35||ollehar||Note Added: 42283|
|2016-11-30 12:36||ollehar||Note Added: 42284|
|2016-11-30 12:36||ollehar||Note Edited: 42284||View Revisions|
|2016-11-30 13:44||DenisChenu||Note Added: 42288|