View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|14944||Development||[All Projects] Import/Export||public||2019-05-27 19:46||2019-08-06 09:17|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||14944: Adding id and related_id in TSV export make it complicated to edit|
TSV is made for Export : update manually, import.
What is the usage of this 2 columns ?
In 2.X : import/export as roughly tested and working with multilingual, survey.
User just have to put subquestion after question : it's clear enough
@dominikvitt : i think you add this id , related_id : for user it make it complex to use TSV. Did you remind the reason ? Then related mantis ?
I use it for :
Removing this 2 columns : TSV can be imported.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
I can find and fix : but speediest if i know usage of this 2 columns :)
id and related id columns are required for export and import of quotas.
All other objects aren't required to have those columns set, it would work without them.
OK, for quota only.
Because quota table use qid and not question/answer code in export (and import).
Terribly boring since TSV is a really good tool but broken here …
Three tables need to be connected, so it's not so easy.
I check it when i found times :)
@dominikvitt : what do you think if we don't add this 2 columns if there are no quota ?
@dominikvitt id and related_id are not used for Question and answers ? Right ?
Then i think we can use another column for quota is and related id.
For Group we use G1,G2 etc … Why not QTA1, QTA2 etc …
I have an issue currently with quota , i check if it was a plugin before report …
I see you remove the number in export for Group : we add it for import group with multiple language : there are an old issue somewhere …
For id and related id, clearly
If it's used only for quota : why not name it quota_id and related_quota_id ?
Unsure on this point : if we need it another id elsewhere …
After extensive testing, I discovered that any "text" column data that includes a non-standard ASCII character (as get copied out of Word and include things like en-dash and em-dash and the slanted versions of the single and double quotation marks) creates a crash in the import with no error message. It seems that you can copy formated Word text into the Limesurvey survey creator, but the importer cannot handle such text.
I've now cleaned up my Excel pseudo-database of survey questions and can start generating new forms.
@pnickel : totally unrelated to this issue … please report another bug …
|2019-05-27 19:46||DenisChenu||New Issue|
|2019-05-27 19:46||DenisChenu||Status||new => assigned|
|2019-05-27 19:46||DenisChenu||Assigned To||=> dominikvitt|
|2019-05-27 19:46||DenisChenu||Additional Information Updated||View Revisions|
|2019-05-27 19:47||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52123|
|2019-05-28 11:08||DenisChenu||Relationship added||related to 14403|
|2019-05-28 13:41||dominikvitt||Note Added: 52128|
|2019-05-28 14:04||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52129|
|2019-05-28 14:05||DenisChenu||Note Edited: 52129||View Revisions|
|2019-05-28 14:06||dominikvitt||Note Added: 52130|
|2019-05-28 14:14||DenisChenu||Assigned To||dominikvitt => DenisChenu|
|2019-05-28 14:14||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52131|
|2019-06-25 14:56||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52543|
|2019-07-12 14:48||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52863|
|2019-07-12 14:52||dominikvitt||Note Added: 52864|
|2019-07-12 15:50||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52866|
|2019-07-12 15:51||DenisChenu||Note Added: 52867|
|2019-07-13 18:33||DenisChenu||Relationship added||related to 06502|
|2019-08-05 00:21||pnickel||Note Added: 53085|
|2019-08-06 09:17||DenisChenu||Note Added: 53121|