Dependency Graph View Issue Relation Graph Vertical
related to child of duplicate of

View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
14113Bug reports[All Projects] Survey takingpublic2019-10-25 17:17
Reportermcovents Assigned ToLouisGac  
Status confirmedResolutionopen 
Product Version3.13.x 
Target VersionFixed in Version 
Summary14113: Ampersands are changed to &

I have an issue with the end-url setting. I'm using Limesurvey 3.14.9+180917
All ampersand signs (&) in the url are changed to & (see screenshot) when the user is at the end of the survey.
But only when the "automatically load end url when survey complete" is enabled.
When the "automatically load end url when survey complete" is disabled the end-url is shown correctly on the screen.

TagsNo tags attached.
Complete LimeSurvey version number (& build)3.14.9+180917
I will donate to the project if issue is resolvedNo
BrowserFirefox 62.0.2 (64-bits)
Database & DB-Versiondon't know
Server OS (if known)don't know
Webserver software & version (if known)don't know
PHP VersionPHP Version 7.2.7




2018-09-29 23:09

partner   ~49192

The is no screenshot attached.
I currently don't understand the error description

Where is the change in "ampersand signs (&) is changed to &" ?
Do you mean "&" is changed to "&"?

Click on the version number at the bottom of LimeSurvey to get a modal window with more infos about the server environment (e.g . OS).



2018-09-30 17:15

developer   ~49193

You mean : & are changed & ?



2018-09-30 18:08

reporter   ~49194

I have two surveys.
In the first survey I entered a end-url which points to the second survey.
This end-url (see below) contains several ampersands.{TOKEN}&newtest=Y&lang=nl
Everything works ok when I have the setting "automatically load end url when survey complete" disabled.
In this case the user gets a link at the end of the first survey where he has to click on.
But I want the second survey to load automatically.
This is possible by enabling the "automatically load end url when survey complete" setting.
In this case however all the & characters in the url are changed to & which generates a 404 error (page not found) (see screenshot in attachment)
I hope this clarifies the problem.
Below You can find the server info that I didn't provide before.
Please don't hesitate to ask for further info if needed
Best regards,
LimeSurvey versie
LimeSurvey build
Windows NT LIMESURVEY 10.0 build 14393 (Windows Server 2016) i586
Webserver naam
Webserver software
Webserver informatie
Database driver
Database driver versie
mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 38fea24f2847fa7519001be390c98ae0acafe387 $
Database serverinformatie
Uptime: 547484 Threads: 1 Questions: 1199288 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 2363 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 36 Queries per second avg: 2.190
Database serverversie
Uptime: 547484 Threads: 1 Questions: 1199288 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 2363 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 36 Queries per second avg: 2.190

end-url ampersand issue.png (132,264 bytes)


2018-09-30 18:17

reporter   ~49195


A second note because I noticed that the example of my end-url is also transformed in this bug tracker.
Please find a screenshot of the end-url setting in my first survey.
Notice that the url contains & characters and not &
Best regards,

screenshot end-url setting in first survey.png (192,711 bytes)


2018-10-01 11:10

manager   ~49198

could you please update to 3.14.11 and confirm the issue is fixed?



2019-02-07 10:47

partner   ~50431

This issue still seems to show up, see



2019-02-07 11:01

developer   ~50432

Yes, we need to fix quote inside expression.



2019-03-18 09:40

partner   ~51027

Louis, this is a pretty annoying issue which causes us trouble at various projects. Could you have a look? I hope it is not that complex to fix.



2019-03-18 09:52

partner   ~51028

Please check for some sample surveys.



2019-03-18 11:55

developer   ~51029

I think its because url are saved as usr (encoded) , no ?



2019-10-25 15:18

partner   ~54230

@c_schmitz, I kindly ask you to add this ticket to the next sprint session since a customer is asking for progress. Thanks!

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2018-09-29 19:35 mcovents New Issue
2018-09-29 23:09 jelo Note Added: 49192
2018-09-30 17:15 DenisChenu Note Added: 49193
2018-09-30 18:08 mcovents File Added: end-url ampersand issue.png
2018-09-30 18:08 mcovents Note Added: 49194
2018-09-30 18:17 mcovents File Added: screenshot end-url setting in first survey.png
2018-09-30 18:17 mcovents Note Added: 49195
2018-10-01 11:10 LouisGac Note Added: 49198
2018-10-01 11:11 LouisGac Assigned To => LouisGac
2018-10-01 11:11 LouisGac Status new => feedback
2018-10-01 14:51 Mazi Relationship added duplicate of 14110
2019-02-07 10:47 Mazi Note Added: 50431
2019-02-07 10:48 Mazi Relationship added parent of 14487
2019-02-07 10:48 Mazi Status feedback => confirmed
2019-02-07 11:01 DenisChenu Note Added: 50432
2019-03-01 14:40 DenisChenu Relationship added related to 14589
2019-03-18 09:40 Mazi Note Added: 51027
2019-03-18 09:45 c_schmitz Assigned To LouisGac => cdorin
2019-03-18 09:50 Mazi Relationship replaced related to 14487
2019-03-18 09:52 Mazi Note Added: 51028
2019-03-18 11:54 c_schmitz Assigned To cdorin => LouisGac
2019-03-18 11:55 DenisChenu Note Added: 51029
2019-10-25 15:18 Mazi Note Added: 54230
2019-10-25 17:17 c_schmitz Priority none => urgent
2019-10-25 17:17 c_schmitz Summary Ampersands are changed to & => Ampersands are changed to &
2019-10-25 17:17 c_schmitz Description Updated View Revisions